- Существительное (Noun)
- A tuft, or other excrescence or natural ornament, growing on an animal's head; the comb of a cock; the swelling on the head of a serpent; the lengthened feathers of the crown or nape of bird, etc.
- The plume of feathers, or other decoration, worn on or displayed on a helmet; the distinctive ornament of a helmet.
- (heraldry): A bearing worn, not upon the shield, but usually on a helmet above it, sometimes (as for clerics) separately above the shield or separately as a mark for plate, in letterheads, and the like.
- The upper curve of a horse's neck.
- The ridge or top of a wave.
- The summit of a hill or mountain ridge. A helmet with a crest.
- The helm or head, as typical of a high spirit; pride; courage.
- The ornamental finishing which surmounts the ridge of a roof, canopy, etc.
- The top line of a slope or embankment.
- A design or logo, especially one of an institution, association or high-class family.
- Глагол (Verb)
- Particularly with reference to waves, to reach a peak.
- To furnish with, or surmount as, a crest; to serve as a crest for.
- To mark with lines or streaks like waving plumes.
Приговор в день
- His behavior was seemly, as befits a gentleman.